Sunday 6 January 2013

Google search results error with AVG

While using Google search in the Chrome browser I received the following error message:
TypeError: Object #<Text> has no method 'getBoundingClientRect'


Clicking OK removed the message and allowed me to continue as normal, then I received the error message again a few moments later. I managed to find that the error would occur when moving the mouse cursor over particular adverts on the right hand side of the search results, I then realised that these adverts had an AVG related icon on the left of the title which when you hover over an AVG dialog would appear regarding the safety ratings. To fix the error I turned off the AVG safe search option in the 'Google Extensions' options.

1 comment:

  1. P.S. If you hover over enough of the shields, you'll eventually get a dialogue box pop up where you can stop any further errors ... and still leave AVG safe search running!

    ReplyDelete