Friday 17 May 2013

Outlook.com Android App Needs Fixing

I've updated my apps on my Nexus 4 phone and it removed the Hotmail app and updated it to the Outlook.com app. This was a big mistake, here are the reasons why this app is so awful.

  • The font size from where the email came from is to large, this needs to be a setting.
  • The background is white, with Hotmail it was black and looked better, this also needs to be a setting.
  • Sent a single email to myself, 1 appear as expected on the web site, but I received 2 on the phone.
  • Email from the app does not include the message signature.
Overall this app is very simple and does not feel as if it has been finished, Microsoft really should have done more testing and finished it before sending it out. I think it needs far more settings to enable the user to customise the look and feel. Poor show again Microsoft, please fix this app ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment