Sunday 30 December 2012

02076197597 Phone Calls After Donating

In November I was approached by a young lady in the street collecting for the Shelter charity, which I believe is a good cause and I thought I would donate. They way they wanted me to donate is via a simple SMS text message which would cost me the amount that I wanted to donate. I thought this was a good idea because it is not always you have the correct amount of cash that you wish to donate. Everything was fine until I started getting calls from 02076197597, I did not answer these calls because generally I don't answer calls who I don't know who it is, it us to mainly be annoying recruitment companies with jobs that had nothing related to what I do. After doing some research into this number it appears to be related to a number of charities. I might be incorrect, but I think that Shelter must have taken my number and past it onto a charity collecting company. Because of this my advice is never give your number out to charities and if you are going to give stick with cash or card.

3 comments:

  1. Received another couple of calls today from this phone number, I need to do some research and find out which charities use this service and will produce a list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems the company doing the calls is called Listen (http://www.listenuk.org/), they mention some of their clients on their web site. My advice is not to donate to any charity via SMS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The phones calls have recently stopped, there must be a time limit or a call limit on their system.

    ReplyDelete