Friday 7 December 2012

Outlook.com First Impressions


Outlook.com is the new email service from Microsoft, which is designed to replace its Hotmail service. I received an email to my hotmail account with a link to upgrade to the new service, simply clicking the link upgraded the service almost instantly. My first impressions are good, here are some of the pros and cons I have found so far.

Pros

Clean looking more modern feel, more Windows 8.
Option to delete message from within the message line.
Sweep option to help clean up the inbox.
More email settings including an automated holiday reply option.


Cons

Need for larger screen, does not work well on a netbook.
Does not give a page number, just gives you the current page and options to more back forward and to a specific date.

These are currently my first impressions of the new email service, I imagine the more I use it the more will appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment