Wednesday 23 February 2011

Don't take iPhone Skiing

I just read an article which says that iPhones do not operate below 0ºC, and Apple refuses to repair any phones which have breached this specification. In the UK in the winter months it often is below 0, this does mean that if your car break down or if there is a problem and you are stuck in the snow you are not meant to use your iPhone. This also means that you should not use your phone while skiing, this could be a safety issue as I believe having a working phone on the mountain to be a good thing. Last time I went skiing myself and other people did use there iPhones (3Gs) in below 0 conditions without any problem so this could be an iPhone 4 issue. Other phone companies like Sony allow operational use to -20ºC, I think it would be a good idea for Apple to produce a phone that can be used confidently in below 0 conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment