Friday 28 September 2012

Canon 650D at John Lewis

I have been looking around for a while for a decent DSLR camera, after reading reviews I was looking at either the Canon 550D or the Nikon 3200. Then I saw that Canon had released the Canon 650D, reading the reviews of this camera I decided it was either this our the Nikon 3200. I went to John Lewis to have a play with these 2 cameras and after taking some shoots was much happier with the Canon, the Nikon 3200 seems much cheaper (as is), but the Canon ticked all the right boxes.

When it came to price John Lewis sold the camera for £620 with a 18-55mm lens and a camera bag, this was a deal up to September 26th. I could not make it to the shop before this date and thought I did not mind missing out on the camera bag, but the day after they did not include the bag and they put the price up to £650. Is this some sort of price adjustment to get rid of the Canon 600D, have they put the price up so they can later add a better discount? I don't know. Hopefully I will find a good place to buy this camera soon

1 comment:

  1. Went to John Lewis store and told them I could buy the camera at Jessops for £614, they checked the price and said they would match it, they also threw in a Canon camera bag. I think I got a very good deal.

    ReplyDelete