Friday 4 January 2013

Most popular browsers

I have just been looking at the stats for this blog and I was surprised to see which browser was the most popular. Here are the stats for the top 5.

  1. Firefox 34%
  2. Internet Explorer 24%
  3. Chrome 16%
  4. Safari 16%
  5. Opera 3%
The reason why I was surprised is that years ago I used Firefox because it was a great alternative to IE, since then I found that IE caught up and then Chrome was released which I now consider the best browser for the Windows OS. I also used Opera for a short time and was impressed with some of the features included with the browser. The reason why I liked Chrome over IE, Firefox and Opera is that it runs really fast. I can see that Firefox users dislike IE and will eventually move over to Chrome and Chrome and Safari will become the top browsers.

No comments:

Post a Comment