Tuesday 23 May 2017

Apple Mac - Freezes when another monitor is positioned close to it

At home I usually use an Apple Mac, recently I've needed to do work on a separate PC in the same location. I've noticed some strange behaviour with the Mac when I position the monitor of the PC near my Mac, the result is I can move the mouse pointer, but the mouse click does not work and also the keyboard does not respond. The cursor for the keyboard actually disappears and the Mac appears to be frozen apart from the ability to move the mouse. First time this happened I thought there was a problem with it so restarted it, but all I needed to do was move the PC's monitor a bit further away. 

The monitor that is causing the issue is a standard Dell one and the distance the monitor needs to be is very close, approx 150mm from the Mac. 

No comments:

Post a Comment