Wednesday 10 May 2017

Windows Search Frustration - One Possible Answer

I use macOS and Windows 10, one feature in macOS which is useful and quick is the ability to search for files, this can be done using Spotlight or Finder. Searching for files in Windows is completely different, it is almost unusable because it takes so long and on occasions gives up and does not show the user a file that does actually exist.

One possible solution I have found is an application called 'Everything', it has been developed by David Carpenter and is available on his web site VoidTools.com. I am still evaluating it (version 1.3.4.686), but my first impression is good and it finds the files I look for very fast. The overall interface is plain, which is not a bad thing, but it does look a bit dated. My current opinion of the software is that it does what I want it to do well, and I would recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment