Wednesday 3 May 2017

Microsoft Feedback - Was this helpful?

Recently I requested Help from a Windows application and received the following dialog popup.




I found it interesting  that the Help did not work and then it asked whether this was helpful. The link to the Microsoft Support was also not helpful because it did not take me to the related issue. I can see the reason why this occurred and it is because of the Microsoft Help framework always asks whether the help was helpful, but I think Microsoft could have improved on the information in the dialog by including a relevant link to the exact support page for the issue, or a link to a knowledge base article about the issue.

Over the years I have found that Microsoft do have problems with Help, one of the problem being some of it does not relate to the product version you have because they have constantly been changing features and location of features. Eventually I hope it will get a framework that works and knows which product you are using and gives the relevant help you request.

No comments:

Post a Comment